Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Mind over body

If you still remember the story of “The Prince and the Statue”, the prince with crooked back once called a most skillful sculptor to make him a straight back's statue of himself. The statue was put at the secret garden where the prince gazed it every morning, every noon and every evening.

Months and years passed, the rumors of the prince's back no longer crooked was spread throughout the country. The rumors came to the prince and he smile, in fact his back had become straight like the statue. It might be a novel and you will say that it wouldn't happen in real world.

But there are many cases that miracle seems to happen in the world. If you have the chance to watch or read "The Secret", you will remember the story of "Morris Goodman", he was paralyzed from neck down after plane crashed. But with strong mind that he believe he could walk again, daily visualization and physical therapy, he was able to walk out from the hospital.

The same go to us, not only we need to undergo physical therapy. But to have a strong MIND is most important for us, and whether do you believe that your back will become straight one day? How strong is your believe? How passion are you towards this? Can you visualize it? 

I have observed that I have difficulty to imagine a straight back bone whenever after I watched my figure in the mirror. I tried to eliminate the image of my scoliosis, but it was depth inside my mind. The image is strong and vivid. My emotion go up and down, once I felt merry and passion on my back became more straighten after the treatment, on the other hands, the feeling sunk when you looked at the mirror a few days after.

It is a long fighting journey to be embarked, and I understand. If I can overcome my emotion, this will be the gift for me.   

No comments: