Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Good News or Bad News?

I really don’t take it seriously about scoliosis because doctor has set my mind at rest. But one things upset me was if my parent noticed it earlier, maybe I got the chance to improve and I can wear tight cloth and sleeveless garment. I even afraid to let guys found out that I have such an ugly shape. What happened if they know after getting married, will they dislike me? I have no confident with my appearance and always try to hide my weakness with wide and loose T-shirt.

I was actively playing badminton with my right hand (my right hand is super stronger than my left hand), drink a lot of cow milk to prevent osteoporosis (later I found out drinking cow milk can lead to osteoporosis faster!), sitting with crossed leg often (not encourage), sleep at soft and bad quality mattress, carried heavy things with incorrect posture, wearing high heels and drink carbonated drink. These are the things we should avoid when we have scoliosis.

Until I reached 24, I attended an interview and recruited as one of the bank employee. Before I was formally recruited, I was required to undergo a body check up. I went to the clinic for the entire test and the doctor noticed my scoliosis. She seems very surprised on it and told me that my lung on left side is smaller compare to my right lung; she even told me that my degree of curvature will get worse especially when I have osteoporosis. Then it will threatens the vital organs, especially the lungs and heart.

I told her the report I obtained from the orthopedics doctor previously, there were nothing serious. But the doctor asked me to go and get the support letter from the orthopedics doctor. I was worried on what the doctor told me. In these 9 years, I have notice that my degree of curvature getting worse, mainly I have a lower bone mineral density (BMD) compare to my mum. Another word I have tendency in osteoporosis. What’s happened if I reach menopause stage? These are the questions I afraid of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The inner beauty is far important than visual aspect. As long as we are good hearted person and always think positive in our life, we are pretty. If the guy really dislike you because of this matter, then he will not qualify as your soul mate as well. Just be yourself and enjoy life. Cheer!!