Friday, July 30, 2010

Scoliosis Surgery: Think carefully

I always wanted to do something with my scoliosis. But don’t know what actions can be taken except going for surgery. How much does it is cost? I have surveyed and it is cost around $100,000. That’s huge amount of money, I don’t think I can pay it.

Before you decide on surgery, it is advisable to consider all information you get carefully, evaluate them, search for any others alternatives and pick the best decision you can. It is not a joke; it is something related to your life. Therefore, you need to be as caution as possible.

I have been told by a lady that she was regretted to undergo operation to replace her hip with metal which advise by a medical doctor. Now she suffered more pain after the surgery compare previously . She really can feel it when raining days come. She told me that the doctor is unethical; they will push patients for operation although it is not necessary.

There always some dangers of surgery especially doing operation at your spine. I went through some video on the scoliosis surgery, it’s really scared me… thinking of all the pain you need to go through after the surgery (I really give big respect for those who went through).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear.. have you tried ppukm? they have the best scoliosis team in the country..

Unknown said...

Yes, definitely it is a long operation and in most cases there could be after effects. I have heard a few cases, some also say it has improved after the operation. On of my friend has Scoliosis and the doctor has advised not to do any exercises also, but to wear a jacket to get the spine become straight. That is one of the cure.